Scripture: Acts 3:1-7
“Peter and John went to the Temple one afternoon to take part in the three o’clock prayer service. 2 As they approached the Temple, a man lame from birth was being carried in. Each day he was put beside the Temple gate, the one called the Beautiful Gate, so he could beg from the people going into the Temple. 3 When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for some money.
4 Peter and John looked at him intently, and Peter said, “Look at us!” 5 The lame man looked at them eagerly, expecting some money. 6 But Peter said, “I don’t have any silver or gold for you. But I’ll give you what I have. In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, get up and walk!”
7 Then Peter took the lame man by the right hand and helped him up. And as he did, the man’s feet and ankles were instantly healed and strengthened. 8 He jumped up, stood on his feet, and began to walk! Then, walking, leaping, and praising God, he went into the Temple with them.”
There are a couple things here I would like to point out:
1. Peter and John were on their way to go pray, they had somewhere to be… but rather than passing by because of their need to get somewhere they stopped to minister life, truth and healing to this man. They made time to be used by God; They did not let their agenda (Doing something for God, by going and praying) distract them from the true heart of God, which was to minister to this man.
2. This man had been lame since birth and was completely reliable on the generosity of people to make due each day… but as he was in his normal routine begging for money the Lord sent 2 men of God to make his normal day into a supernatural day of chains being broken that had kept him bound his whole life, to a day of freedom. He no longer had to rely on the generosity of people, but as he asked these men for help, they supplied the generosity from heaven to give this man not only a day of help, but a life time of freedom by calling upon the name of Jesus to solve the issue at hand.
3. As Peter declared “I don’t have any silver or gold for you. But I’ll give you what I have. In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, get up and walk!” Peter not only spoke, but reached out his hand to help the man up… he acted on his faith in the name of Jesus an therefore helped this man not only hear that he was healed, but get up and receive it… after the man stood up he was no longer lame and bound by the title that he had his whole life, but was healed instantly, because of the mighty name of Jesus.
4. More money is not always going to solve the problem, it might for a day but until the root problem is dealt with the fruit of the problem will always remain. A miracle from God is always available for every circumstance, but we need to call upon the name of Jesus and receive the supply from heaven that was paid for by the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ,
1. If we want to be used by God, we need to allow have our lives “inconvenienced,” because it is rare that serving others in convenient… allow God to mess up our agenda so His agenda can be taken care of.
2. The generosity of people will never be enough, because people are not meant to be our everything and our source… but God is. God uses people as an instrument of His blessings but we are to not be people dependent, but God dependent!”
3.Faith with out works is dead, so it is necessary that we take a step like the lame man did to see his miracle come to pass!
4. The name of Jesus an the price He paid is bigger than any circumstances that comes your way… do not rely on the creation to supply what you need, but the creator!!
“The entrance and unfolding of Your words give light; their unfolding gives understanding (discernment and comprehension) to the simple.” – Psalm 119:130
Mighty God, the entrance of Your word gives us light… I am asking that you would open up the eyes of our hearts and give us revelation light… illuminate what needs to be illuminate so we can begin to walk in revelation of Your Word,Your Love, Your truth,Your goodness, Your provision. I ask Lord Jesus that we would begin to call upon your name like never before, because it is Your name that has been given a place that no other name has… and that is high above every other name…so every circumstance has its own name and it is subject to the mighty name of Jesus! I declare life, health, wholeness, peace, restoration, provision, an abundance of grace upon your people and I ask that you would help teach us what it means to walk in the authority that You mighty God have given us as Children of the Kingdom of heaven!!
I ask for these things in the mighty name of Jesus, I know you hear me and I know You will answer me!
I love you!